Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What an Experience

What an experience this has been! Tonight I watched one last sunset on the bow of the ship, surrounded by nothing but ocean and it felt amazing. For an undergraduate from Ohio, this has been quite an opportunity. I feel that I have learned so much about the ocean, things I had never even given thought to before. The beauty of it all is that the discovery has just begun. We will be bringing back coolers full of water samples and sediment samples, and carboys full of sea water to analzye and learn more about mercury in the ocean. Life at sea has been an adventure! Now I am going to end my last flux chamber experiment, then the rest of the evening will be spent packing up. We should arrive at port tomorrow around 1pm, back in Ohio Thursday.



-Katlin

No comments: